Reflection is an integral part of the growing process. It allows us to increase our self-awareness and to learn more about ourselves. It also has a tremendous effect on our continuous learning and future progress.
“The more reflective you are, the more effective you are.” – Hall and Simeral
Take a moment to reflect on these factors:
- What have you accomplished in the past year?
- What changes did you make?
- Did you learn from your experience?
After reviewing the role of these factors, remind yourself of the results. What propelled you to move forward? How did the changes affect you? How will you use what you learned to put into action for the New Year?
Discover your ‘why’ with reflection
Reflection promotes continuous learning. It encourages us to think, to discover the why, to focus, and to communicate more clearly. By developing the skill of critical thinking, you also increase your problem solving capacity.
- Utilize the value of reflection to produce a clear vision for your goals for the future.
- Initiate actions to produce a positive outcome for the New Year.
- Decide your desired end result. Define what produces the best outcome.
- Analyze and use critical judgment with the steps you will take in your plan.
- Give up old, non-productive habits. Realize what’s not working.
- Empower yourself to reach into new areas of success.
Take the right steps to change and grow through Reflection!
To learn more about how reflection impacts your leadership potential, please contact me for valuable tips on how to take a look back to evaluate your accomplishments, analyze your results and plan for the future.
I hope the information in this post is a helpful resource for you. If you are interested in taking your professional development a step further, I encourage you to learn more about our Mastermind Groups. These interactive, round table discussions for like-minded professionals are held once a month. Or investigate our Seminar and Workshop topics.
Want to learn more about our services? I have posted many articles on topics critical for entrepreneurs and small business owners. Read and share with others who may find insight from them.